Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Storm Warning, Reversed: Sunny Skies Ahead


This is an interesting card. I pulled it last night and I was glad it wasn't upright! Hah.

What came to mind when I saw this is how, when I got knocked down with a nasty cold in December, I got this mild dizziness/vertigo symptom that never went away totally. I have not been able to get rid of it (yet!) despite some effort on my part to do so. I know a handful of other people who suffered the same symptom via the same nasty cold (popping and crackling in the ears, fluid, dizziness) but while they recovered after a while (one friend, a former neighbor, told me hers lasted more than a month--closer to two), I have not managed to shake my symptom.

The problem with this is that it is a bit debilitating. If I am out too long or do too many activities in a row I get dizzy and slightly nauseated (which can become very nauseated if I take it too far). And as a result I don't feel very much like driving very far, long outings or many trips lasting more than an hour or two. I feel like it has really impacted my mood as well as my physical self. I already had some issues with my bladder, sinuses and other areas. So this is just another lovely symptom to add to the pot.

My paranoia and hypochondria crop up periodically--fearing the symptom is something dire, but then I can hear the fluid and noise deep in my ear and I feel like maybe there is hope that I can get rid of this thing once and for all. I had a vivid dream the other night that I was laying down and I suddenly heard a pop, like my ears were unclogging, and a warm flow of liquid came out of my ear. The same thing happened when I tilted to the other side. I was so frustrated when I woke up because it seemed so real.

However, methods I've used have not been successful so far. I'm hoping I don't have to take any drastic action in my ears (I'd rather not), so I'm going to a chiropractor/nutritionist/acupuncturist who is trying to help me work through this symptom (among others). I am trying to be patient. I have to say, after four months of this symptom I'm not feeling very patient. When I went to get my eye exam recently an assistant there said her mom had vertigo after her ears pressurized strangely on a boat and she didn't recover for many years, at which point she suddenly and inexplicably was relieved of the symptom. I've been researching and reading message boards of people with similar issues, and I note that many of them suffer with similar afflictions for years. I'm seriously hoping that isn't the case for me, but I feel like I must try to relax about it while continuing to try to find a solution.

Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're going through this, MM! Sounds like a very frustrating thing to suffer - no clear answers, and no idea what to do. Fingers crossed it clears up soon, by itself or with help. At least you know you're good at researching these kinds of things, I'm sure you'll figure it out!
    Hugs, Kxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I'm making some progress, but I'll definitely let you know. It hasn't been fun, but at least I'm still alive. Haha! :D Hugs!

      Delete