Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Fortunate Quad


Now here's a draw I nearly forgot to post today. And it's such a nice draw, too! In recent days (even though I haven't posted most of them) I've been getting readings showing abundance, opportunity and the like. Generally speaking, I don't try to expect too much from these readings. Like all of life, it's better just to allow it to come in but take the info with a grain of salt.

This card is (in part, perhaps) in regards to an idea I've been having about possibly teaching a few little mini art classes and workshops over the summer. Now, art classes are something I do periodically and generally on a short-term basis. And that's how I like it! I'm realizing there are scores of kids who are going to be out of school (including mine) and they might not mind having an art class for their kids to go to a couple times a week for a few weeks.

I've done this before, but with a younger group of kids. I'm pondering trying it with an age group of between 7-11. Maybe slightly broader. But I think I'm going to avoid the 'art for tots' thing, as tiny kids don't have much attention span and even though art is very important for people of all ages, I don't know if I want to do the corralling necessary for that.

Anyway...it's just an idea. I find that my mind and body enjoy the stimulation of things happening on a more ephemeral basis. I also have been of the mind lately that I want to release my nervousness around trying out things that come to me--even if I have no idea where they might lead. I might not even like them, but if I have an inkling of something I have to follow it in order to find out how I really feel about it.

With the exception of last year's funky portraits workshop (for adults, in which 3 people named Mary signed up--hehe!) I haven't taught much. Perhaps releasing my resistance to it is a good first step. I may also spend a little bit of time updating my main website, adding artwork examples or at least contact information for people interested in art tutoring or seasonal/rotating art classes.

So that's what came to mind when I saw these cards. I think the act of openness, teamed with a willingness to move forward in a way that feels appropriate, is a magical act.

Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of you teaching art to kids. And 7-11 sounds like a good age bracket. Pre-teen, and post-tot :D Good luck, whatever you decide to do - remember to have fun with it!
    Hugs,
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I am strongly considering it. I am trying to decide soonish. I might announce my intentions in mid-June and start at the end of June and see how it goes. I may just do one or two mini classes or workshops and see how they go, then go from there. :D Lotsa love! MM

      Delete