Monday, May 18, 2015

This Time Last Year: Release


I was in iPhoto looking through some old photos for some reason (forget why), when I came across this photo. I stopped and thought it was an interesting card. I felt drawn to it. I didn't remember posting it--I am fairly certain I have not used this deck on the blog. At least not very much? I saw the date the photo was taken: May 20th, 2014. Just about a year ago.

Looking at the back of the card it reads:


"Have a good cry. Grief is the doorway to your deepest self."

When I read this I realized that I rarely cry anymore. I just don't. I am thinking that there is some repression or avoidance going on in this area. Maybe it's contributing to emotional and physical symptoms on another level. 

I am going to pull one of these Self-Care Cards by Cheryl Richardson every day this week and just quietly (well, quiet since I am typing, not talking--hah!) reflect on what that means to me.

I remember the first time I saw this oracle deck. It was about 13 years ago. I was 23 years old, and I had just graduated from art school and I was working in a health food store (which I didn't really enjoy) in Aurora. A co-worker had this oracle deck and I loved it so much that I photocopied the entire deck on the work copier. That's 52 cards. And I then laminated them all with my little laminating machine. The copies were black and white and somewhat faded.

After that, I began putting a card or two in a gift, or tuck them in a greeting card sent to a friend, eventually whittling the deck away to only a dozen cards or so, which I still have. But I also have the entire deck, since I found it at a bookstore last year.

In any case, I am going to try to learn to let go, to release...even if that requires tears.

Have a lovely one,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment