Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Wooden Tarot Trio


Excuse the bizarre photo. Backstory: I have this interesting circular, woven, multi-colored thing hanging on my bedroom wall. I thought it would make a beautiful background for my Wooden Tarot pull, but it is very securely nailed into the wall with lots of tiny nails. So? What's a lazy gal who doesn't want to remove it from her wall without leaving lots of tiny holes to do? That's right! Just stick your hand up there and hold those cards up.

Admittedly, the posterize filter kind of made the whole thing look eerie/creepy. But, I'm just gonna leave it. It's October after all. What I'd like to do is have a little drawer or box full of tarot photo props to use that I can whip out at a moment's notice. I tend to frantically search for background and fabrics for photo gold, but it would be fun to find things specifically to use for photographing tarot pulls. Don't you agree?

Anyway. I do like this deck a lot, and what I've discovered is that, overall, I don't mind majors only pulls (this one has aces too) because most of the cards are positive. There are only a couple overtly negative majors and the rest are either neutral or positive. So what does that mean? That means that my reading generally will be pretty positive. Of course, I try to do this with all reading--showing the potential rather than the pitfalls.

The three we have here are Magician, Ace of Pentacles and Wheel of Fortune. This makes me think of a sense of empowering oneself in the areas of money, health or work. Seeing that change is possible. The Magician often talks about will, self-possession, empowerment, the ability to get things done. It's sort of like the green light. It says, 'Hey, you can do this!' And the Wheel of Fortune supports change and movement. The pure potential of the Ace of Pentacles makes it possible to start things in a practical sense, whether you need to save money, start a new health regime, or possibly plan a little work/commission idea to launch. Or...if you're me...all three.

Sending y'all lots o' love,
MM

p.s. Because most of my readers are in the UK I am going to schedule this to publish this at midnight so you see it earlier. Hehe. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment