Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Sun


I pulled a single card from the Wooden Tarot, gifted to me by the swell Sae Lokason, to represent October. The illustrations are unusual and have a particular flavor. I like the quirky and almost old-fashioned illustration style of these cards. This one is funny. It's a dog, fox or wolf with the face of a sunflower.  I laughed when I saw this card because I just wasn't sure what to make of the image, but maybe that's the point! The Sun is not a card of complication or overthinking. It's a card of lightness and simplicity, of fun.

The Sun card feels warm and open, lacking pretense or confusion. It feels optimistic. Many see it as literally spending time outside. Others see it more from the standpoint of a mindset...approaching things from a place of optimism. Things come to light, a weight is lifted...we're more prone to joy. I think this is a suggestion for me more than anything. To not dwell on negativity, to not see myself as messed up or broken in any way. To embrace life.

I would certainly love to carry this energy with me into October. Wishing you all a great month!

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment