Monday, November 2, 2015

Hathor: Vulnerability of Receptivity


Here is a repeat theme I've been getting in readings recently: receptivity. Allowing things in. Allowing yourself to receive, to heal, to hear inner messages. To slow down. To be more yin.

I like this card, and it cracks me up with the waterfalls flowing out of her breasts. Haha! Anyway. It's true, isn't it? If we don't refill the well or if we feel detached, disconnected and unsupported...well, we can't really get that far when we feel that way. We need others to survive. We're all interconnected, even though we may need alone time. I try to remember this when I struggle to receive payment for services, or feel guilty or confused about something that I want to do/get. I think we're taught not to be greedy or to want things.

Plus, as the title of my post suggests, we are vulnerable when we allow people in. Information, exchanges, gifts, and the like all open us up. But vulnerability is the magic ingredient that dissolves shame, as Brene Brown would say. Open your hand and see what comes in to fill it.

Love,
MM

3 comments:

  1. Ah, a difficult lesson indeed. Good luck with that. Sometimes it even goes beyond opening your hand, you have to actually reach out with it to others...
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed...seeking out others and then asking for help is another level of receptivity that I'm working on. Thanks for the reminder, lovely friend. XOXOX

      Delete