Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Focus: 8 of Wands, Patience & Progress


I pulled this card about today. I have received this card often enough to be pretty familiar with it, especially considering the extensive reading I've done on card meanings over the years. But I still sometimes get a new meaning or a slightly new twist on an old meaning. One such meaning, taken from Psychic Relevation website, is this:

When this card appears, nothing seems to be moving ahead. Don't try to force things, as that is likely to backfire on you. Speaking metaphorically, sometimes our actions are all in the wrist, all you can do is put your best out there and see where it lands. You've put your best out there. Now wait.

Haha. OK. Yessir card! It's funny, because even though that does make sense for this card, my main meaning for this card is usually that something is imminently happening--and quick!--when this card shows up. That, and the whole thing about quick communication and a flurry of activity. This can go hand in hand with what this quote from Psychic Revelation is saying. Similar to the energy of the 3 of Wands, setting something in motion then awaiting the outcome. But...with this card I'd say the wait is considerably shorter. Most times, when I've seen this card come up in a reading, the aforementioned results happen within hours or a few days, as opposed to weeks, months or longer. It's a quick return, relatively speaking.

In any case, I have felt tired and impatient. I was even impatient waiting for an order of organic glycerin soap base in the mail today. When it was 30 minutes later than usual I was testy. I reminded myself, 'What's the big deal? Why so impatient?' Same with any other things I'm contending with. Why do things have to be 'just so'? I feel like I get into this tense place around the holidays nowadays. I find it harder than ever to live in the moment. I want to relax more--to try to not take anything seriously. Before you know it, things will move forward. Usually the wait is not that long.

Another quote from Free Tarot:


This card is the card of sudden action. Like a javelin falling from above, or lightning striking from the sky, the Eight of Wands is saying that things are going to show up quickly. This tends to be the card of news and sudden surprises, so don't take this card lightly. Unfortunately, this card is also a big mysterious – it gives little inclination as to what sort of activity, news, or surprises may be coming, simply that they are.

Sometimes it's better to wait rather than to blindly and fiercely push ahead, just because you're tired of whatever circumstances were handed you, or that you helped create. For instance, because the mail was later than usual I spent the extra time folding laundry that I had gotten behind on--something that wouldn't have happened then had it not been for the enforced waiting time. The delay was slight (30 minutes), which is more 8 of Wandsish. But I was able to slow down and actually finish folding the loads I needed to fold, then work on the soap after I got my daughter from school.

Sometimes we're impatient simply because we want to control everything and everyone, and that's one of the ways that we do that--by being testy and impatient and nipping at the heels of the world. But...that only causes aggravation in the end.

Peacefully yours,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment