Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Website Consolidation Reading: My Merged Selves


Yesterday I made the uncharacteristically confident decision to consolidate my art and tarot websites.  So, beginning in early February, it will just be one site: www.HannahSQ.com.

For several years now I've lived a somewhat divided existence, feeling unsure what direction to go in, what to emphasize, whether to leave or drop something, whether to continue until I get fed up...to carry on. I felt like I needed to merge my interests and parts of self into one unified whole. I thought I had to pick 'one thing' but I realized that, like most people, I am not 'one thing' but rather an amalgamation of a bunch of crap, and much of it not happening simultaneously.

In order to feel most connected to my creativity, I have to be open to its meandering ways, its moods, and the possibility of trying different things or moving on to new aspects of my creativity when it suits me. I think having this sort of nomadic creativity scared me for a long time, made me feel ashamed of not having 'One Thing' to do. Made me feel flaky, not dedicated. But I realized, through it all, I've been dedicated to my intuition and my creativity the entire time. It's all a part of me.

Here is the reading I did about this website consolidation (and, more generally, my own unity) and I really liked what I saw in the reading. So, let's see. Going card by card:

East: This is the card of the self, the querent. I just like that this shows that it's about me. 
Pearl: This card is about refinement, luxury, and there's something about the Pearl that always makes me think of life's irritants honing a person in a beautiful way. Whatever has lead to this has made something beautiful. Art is like that, isn't it? It isn't a perfect or smooth process, but it creates something gorgeous or interesting in the end.
Duck: Partnership. This is a lot like the 2 of Cups. My very first thought was that this represented the unification of the two websites. Two become one--and create something stronger than either one of them. That thought made me smile.
Commence: This, to me, is the 'go get 'em' card. Commence. That's basically what this card is about. It's an auspicious card for any beginning (according to the booklet), and I love the Sag-like image of the bow and arrow. It feels very focused and active. It reminds me of the 8 of Wands, but also of the importance of a goal and the energy behind that goal.
The famous quote by Goethe, or at least the extended version, comes to mind:


Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and endless plans.
That the moment one definitely commits oneself then providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred.
A whole stream of events issue from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would come his way.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Begin it now.               ---Goethe
So, there you go! I am in the process of editing the site and I even got some business cards (not a lot, but just some to start) to have for the site. For me, it's not just what might happen as a result of having this one site, but more of the symbolism of allowing myself to feel more whole.

Love,
MM

2 comments:

  1. love the allowing of wholeness ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Part of this was inspired by some of our conversations. Whatever we do is "us"...owning it all! Xxxooo

      Delete