Monday, February 1, 2016

Wall, Shield and Sunrise: New Beginnings Despite Difficulty


Looking at this trio of cards (plus a rune!) I had chosen to post, I admit I felt a bit daunted. Not sure why. Probably something about the two bottom cards being a bit challenging. Even after doing thousands of readings I'd sometimes just rather not 'go there' with a somewhat negative card. But, if we ignore the difficult feelings we don't get to the root of issues as often.

After pondering this reading, I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it, but that's not really necessary to the process. What I see here reminds me that there is a need to protect ourselves and our dreams, no matter what may be said or done to deter them. This may refer to a specific incident, one that may not have happened yet, but in general it speaks of self-preservation and dignity.

In the middle of the reading we see the Inguz rune, which is the seed of an idea--one that needs nurturing and light to grow. Taking a quote from Alizon's Psychic Secrets website:


"In the modern day the Ingwaz meaning is concerned with new beginnings, new opportunities and new life."

When I saw that I immediately connected it to the Sunrise card above it, which is all about new beginnings and fresh starts. These new beginnings can be trampled upon (by self or other) if we're not careful.  We have to nurture the seedlings of our ideas and projects. I know that, for myself, I have to watch out for my own dream-killing tendencies. Put away the knife! Haha.

Wishing you all a beautiful February,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment