Monday, August 29, 2016

Jarv: Pressure


Have you ever had one of those days where lots of little crap goes wrong and you are left feeling anxious and agitated? That is what today has been like for me. Even though nothing was too life threatening I felt this tremendous sense of pressure. So, I was surprised to see this card. I wasn't expecting the single card reading I did to actually be helpful in any way.

This morning when I was cooking my daughter breakfast before school she came to me in an agitated state saying that White, one of her gerbils, was bleeding from his ear down under his chin. She was worried what had happened to him. I was hesitant to look, not wanting to see this potentially gruesome scene, but I went anyway. Sure enough he had a bleeding wound. I watched him anxiously for a while. I wasn't sure what to do.

After some thought I heard a couple suggestions to separate our two gerbils, who have been together for 2.5 years since birth. But it didn't sit well with me. I even went and bought a little cage/play pen but I returned it right after, when I came home to discover the two gerbils curled up together asleep. I couldn't bring myself to separate them, as they are social animals. Plus, I wasn't convinced that the injury was a result of fighting. I wonder if mites are a possible cause, as I have never seen these gerbils fight in all the time we've had them.

Anyway, a few other stressful but fairly insignificant things happened, but I think the stress and pressure of worrying whether White's injury is/was fatal or whether I had done the right thing was weighing heavily on my mind. I'm a bit tense this week, also, because my daughter is going on a three day trip which she seems to have mixed feelings about.

All in all, I think I'm overthinking things. I think the advice given in this card about allowing things to happen in their own time, one by one, and not put undue pressure on each thing, is the best course of action. It's far better to not borrow trouble from the future and, instead, do each thing well and not just a bunch of things in a fit of frantic energy.

Speaking of which, I just burned my lunch (and probably scorched my only remaining sauce pan) that I was heating up because I forgot about it and I was distracted by these things I've been thinking about. Oy!

Now to follow this card's advice...

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment