Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Straightforward Reading About Career vs. Parenting


Last night I had (as my evening ritual) a deck of oracle cards that I use (and change out, just to add variety) for an evening reading and wind down period. What was on my mind is whether I want to make a more concerted effort in the realm of career and life path--or whether it's not a very good time. Without going into much detail about my daughter's health history, even though things are going dramatically better than they were 7-8 years ago, I still feel a lot of trepidation about going into the work force in any significant way. Especially given some rocky patches my daughter has had this past year whilst (even though I'm American I'm kind of digging the very British word whilst) going through puberty. And I realize and honor this stress in myself. Call it a kind of post-traumatic stress disorder, but also it's my own intuition telling me when the time is or isn't right to move forward in this area of personal goals.

Anyway. This is the trio of cards I received when thinking about this readiness or lack of readiness, as it were, to move forward. I have to say I was pretty floored by the answer. The Adult Children card came up first--and although my daughter is clearly not an adult (she's 11.5), she is adult-sized (taller than me, a size 9 shoe and developing into a young woman), and has displayed wisdom beyond her years despite obviously not having the emotional maturity of an adult. The card's description talks about this either being about adult children, a child beyond his/her years, or something about yourself as an adult child. But in any case, I feel this directly responds to my question about my daughter. The second card that came up was New Career--showing the advent of a 'boost' in interest in a new career direction and/or also just fresh energy being injected into a stale or stagnant career. Definitely true.

And just to bring it all home I pulled one more card about whether I should take action or not around this area, and the 'Take the Next Step Now' card came up, which again seemed very difficult to misinterpret. All in all the reading was very direct and literal. I find this to be true when I'm focused and sincere during a reading. If I'm flighty or don't care that much about the reading (which is never true when I'm reading for clients, but is often true when I'm impatiently reading for myself) it just doesn't go smoothly. If I care about it and I'm lending it my full attention, the readings seem to be extremely clear and helpful.

I just thought I'd share this with you all, as I find this happens frequently during readings, and sometimes I forget to share it with others. It's also great to record these things in a blog for future reference, when I need a reminder.

Much Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment